Sunday, November 2, 2014

Democrats Vs Republicans and the Unpopular Opinon

Upon reading http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/12/the-great-fragmentation-we-are-all-weirdos-now/ I found I could pin point all the positive experiences I have had with technology. Everything on how weird sub cultures are being created just made me think about how many times I often feel I am in my own little estranged world feeling a little lonely because things I’m interested in aren't in the interests of anybody around me. But being able to find blogs dedicated to Twin Peaks, or even find people that are also interested in medical anomalies and various preserved things floating in jars of formaldehyde has been really great for me to kind of accept myself as a person. Mainly because in my family I’m the weird black sheepish one. So I’d have to say the internet has definitely helped me embrace all my weird and become more of an individual about who I am, although I've always steered towards that outlook, high school is a very conformist environment  and that was pretty tough to take head on and come out in one piece.
The other thing this article talks about briefly is political parties “A society in which people accept that their personal views generally are and will remain minority perspectives, rather than seeking to impose “normal” beliefs and tastes on any who don’t fit in, is enormously healthier, both culturally and politically.” The two political parties we have republican and democratic are treated with the, if you’re not one then you’re the other kind of attitude. Which makes politics very black and white instead of an expanding or growing thing. I feel like most people who associate themselves with a certain party vote just based off the parties’ beliefs rather than their actual personal views they may have. These factions have also created a social and political divide between the people and their cultures. Democrats and republicans have been taking stabs at each other using many different outlets, including popular TV shows. An example of this would be the Simpsons episode The Kid is Alright, where Lisa ends up becoming friends with a new student who also runs against her in a second grade representative election and this girl turns out to be a republican and they quickly turn into rivals. Similar situations have happened in other shows that have that underlying republican vs democrat message.

Today’s very tech centric generation I feel has sort of created an environment to break the two main political parties up into fragments. Instead of having two blanket opinions set out for the general population these fragments would create more of a diverse voice, and promote discussion on topics instead of where we are. which is basically people on a one sided view of either sides of the same wall. From these fragments I hope more acceptance for different perspectives comes through. Everybody has a different perspective and stance on a situation we are not surrounding a single wall but multiple walls with many different sides. The “popular” opinion trope in society I hope will be worn down to nothingness in a few years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment